2011-10-15

Maybe HTML5

I had a thought the other day, I wonder if anyone has built a game engine on HTML5? As it is the latest in web technology, someone had to be thinking in that direction. So I did a little googling and found LimeJS. It is fairly interesting open-source project built on Google's Closure Libraries. I don't really know what I just said, but I downloaded it and start to play with the classes and features built into this JavaScript toolkit.

Below my first test sample. I know the artwork is crude, I gladly admit I am not an artist. I did build the dragon myself, using a few tricks I've learned from my artist friends over the last few years. I used limes as scales and part of a cross section of a lime for the plating. I spent much more time on the art than I did the programming, which is a sign of a good engine.

I am excited to keep working with LimeJS, and I hope to show more samples here in the future.

No comments: