2008-11-17

About my title...

I guess it is time to explain the title of my blog. When I was in elementary school, some of the hottest toys (at least in my mind) were Tyco's SpyTech line.


These toys, along with the monthly new code in Boys' Life magazine, awoke the inner secret agent in me. I wanted to be a spy when I grew up, and practice make perfect. So I would sneak up and down the halls of where ever I was, especially around the Church building when the grownups were having meetings. At this age, my mother still bought all my clothes, and would make very convincing suggestions about what I should where to Church. One piece of clothing I particularly loathed was a pair of dirt brown corduroy pants. The reason I hated these pants so much was the fact that they made a sound while I walked. Every step brought a little friction noise that I was certain gave me away while I was sneaking around in dark hallways. This lead to one of my first statements of independence, when I declared to my mother, "I don't want to wear these pants anymore, because spies don't wear corduroy!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were not dirt brown they were RUST!!

MOMMA

Anonymous said...

Don't talk back to your mother! Put your pants on and sit still. There is no running around the church building while people are meeting.

Frank Weller said...

That is awesome!